Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I read all the threads on this RT-board and the rules of the game there has been left one question to me - but I´m pretty sure this question will be no problem for you ;-)

It´s the delivery of good cubes. The rules say, they must be delivered from one city to another one (so never the same one). Okay. And the rules say, that a good cube may only be delivered that many "links" that your engine cards show as their level. Okay.

So: May I deliver a good cube during "action one" two links from one city to another (cause of my engine card Level 2) WITHOUT actually delivering it to the "right colour" of the city? And then in "action 2" deliver it further to the right city?

Example: One red cube is in a blue City A. City B, two links away, is blue too. City C, four links away (two links away from City B), is red. So may I deliver the good cube during my first action to City B (without scoring it) and during the next action to City C (and then scoring it) ? And how many links then count for VPs?

EDIT: Oh folks, why do I ever type "the" instead of "then"? *g*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot split the move of a goods cube. It must be delivered to the target city in one move, using an engine of sufficient level to move it there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kon, the short answer is no. The long answer is... well, it's still no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you for the rapid reply. Well, short and clear answeres are the best ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No a cube has be delivered the whole way to a city of the same color in a single action. Moving a cube is not really delivering goods (if it was, you'd get an immediate money payout) rather it is setting up a contract to deliver those goods for the rest of the game. This is why it results in a permanent increase in your income (at least until after the hump which represents expiring of contracts and large company inefficenies). So to set up a contract there must be a demand for the goods type (the matching city color) and your railroad company must also be advanced enough to actually transport the goods (train link level high enough).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that´s a very nice explanation and interpretation of the game functions (especially for the Income Reduction after 100+).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.