Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael R
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Glasgow University Gaming Society, GUGS, has won some money to hold a gaming convention. It will be based around the UK student nationals so all types of games will be played from RPGs to wargames to boardgames. So far there are not too many details except that the date will be the 25th and 26th of February and it will be held in the Queen Margret Union. It is open to anyone and the last price quoted was five pounds for entry for the weekend.

I have been asked to run the boardgaming side of things. I am thinking of open gaming with a library of games. I don't know how much space we will get. One of the larger areas in the QMU is booked out for a Julian Cope concert so we may not have so much space for boardgaming. If you think you are likely to come please post a little message on this thread so I can get a rough idea of numbers. I will try to keep this thread up to date with any more information as I hear it.

The ConFlagration website is at:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tankypoos/GUGSWEB/conflagration...

Details of how to find the QMU are at:
http://www.qmu.org.uk/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bradley
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Scotland
flag msg tools
I will come along if I can, though I am currently selling a house and the moving in date is the 27th Feb, so....don't count me as definate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To give you an update, ConFlagration is booked for the 25th and 26th of February. Entry will cost £3 for one day or £5 for both days. You can pay on the door or you can preregister and pay by PayPal (see http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tankypoos/GUGSWEB/conflagration... for details). The con will run from 9:30am-8pm. I have arranged a large seperate room for boardgaming (Committee Room 1, Top Floor). There will be open gaming with a library of games. A licensed bar will be open both days and evening entertainment has been arranged. Under 18s will not be allowed because of the bar, sorry about that. If you are interested there are a range of other games on offer including miniatures wargames, CCG tournaments and one-off RPG sessions. If you want to take part in these you may be best preregistering and booking your slots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janet White
Scotland
Paisley
flag msg tools
This sounds great, I'm really new to gaming, so it will be a great chance to meet folk and see so many games at one go!

See you Sunday

Janet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Nadelhaft
Scotland
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good - will there be a game swap or a bring and buy?

Cheers,

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone who came. I think it went very well for a first con. Sorry I didn't come back to reply to everyone last week. There wasn't any sort of game swap or bring and buy. We had a raffle and there were a few vendors from different game shops selling games.

On the saturday, we had are own little room tucked away at the top of the building. We got to play but it did feel a little isolated. The second day we played in the main room of the con among the RPGers. I liked it down there. It was noisy but it was great fun. I thought Celebrity Survival Island was very impressive. What did other people think?

It has already been agreed that the con is going to run again next year. It will be roughly the same time of year. Hope to you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.