Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope no one ever tires of posting when they have positive or negative feedback on a company. To that end I gotta say something about what Mayfair did recently.

Within 24 hours of sending them an e-mail, they told me they'd be glad to send me my missing pieces for Silverton.

That's a Jay Tummelson speed response (ironically, from the company Jay used to work for).

Kudos to Mayfair for not being too big for us little people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob McMurray
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On December 19th I sent Mayfair an email that my (newly rediscovered) copy of EuroRails was missing one of the iron ore load chips. I promptly forgot about it as I was busy with all of the remaining details of my Christmas season...Besides which EuroRails is kind of an old game and in the back of my mind I wondered if they even kept spare part replacement stock for it anymore.

On Christmas Eve I received the chip in the mail. Just in time for my family's "Game 'Til Your Lame" all day and night (starts around 1:00pm and always ends between 4:30am-5:00am) gaming event scheduled for December 26th.

I was very much appreciative and impressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
generalpf wrote:
While we're on the topic, what is it about board games that causes the boxes to be packed so carelessly?

I've only bought a dozen or so games, and of those, three had missing or damaged-before-shipped pieces.

I've bought hundreds of games, and have never had problems with any of them. The only times I've had pieces missing from games is when I purchase them used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Martin
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
generalpf wrote:
While we're on the topic, what is it about board games that causes the boxes to be packed so carelessly?

I've only bought a dozen or so games, and of those, three had missing or damaged-before-shipped pieces.

I've bought hundreds of games, and have never had problems with any of them. The only times I've had pieces missing from games is when I purchase them used.

We've bought over a hundred games and had only one problem; Shadows over Camelot came with 5 Picts and 3 Saxons instead of 4/4. Arguably this doesn't even matter, since when the fourth of either comes out, that quest is lost. The owner of our FLGS traded us a Pict for a Saxon from his open copy, even though we didn't care.

Nevertheless, that's a pretty good ratio (less than a single percentage of all games we own), and that includes games that lots of people seemed to have lots of problems with regarding missing pieces, like Age of Mythology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude,

They ship the messed up ones to Canada...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ravenscroft
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I hadn't had any problems with missing game components until this Christmas when I bought some to give as presents. A copy of Ingenious that I bought new was missing a blue scoring cube.

I emailed Fantasy Flight Games a week ago to ask if I could get a replacement and to date I haven't even received a reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I recently had Jay from RGG send me a laundry list of replacement parts:
- a rice cube from Traders of Genoa was deformed,
- the end game tiles from Palazzo were misprinted.
- I wrecked my deck of cards from Mammoth Hunters.

He was happy to oblige, and quickly, for I think it was $5 US (since I wrecked my own cards I had to pay to replace them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.