Loot» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gamewright rules wording on tied pirate strength rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Whaley
United States
California
flag msg tools
The Gamewright rules on tied pirates includes this slightly confusing (to me) wording:

Quote:
If two piratesare locked in battle over a merchant ship for too long, weaker pirate ships may join the battle and eventually take the ship for themselves! Note: Attack strength is measured by adding together all skull and crossbones on same colored pirate ships attacking a merchant ship.

At first I thought this implied there was some condition where a weaker pirate ship could take a merchant ship where two other pirates were tied, but I think all this is really saying is that it's possible for a third player to take a merchant ship by playing (perhaps over several turns) enough pirate cards over several turns to exceed the value of the tied ships. Is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. You only win the ship if you have more total skulls played on the ship at the beginning of your turn (assuming no captains have been played) or if you have the most recently played captain or admiral.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.