Subject: More Kudos: Eggertspiele rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to acquire a new copy of Antike just before Christmas last year. On opening it, though, I discovered that though it contained an extra black meeple I was missing a blue meeple and two yellow ships.

So I did my best to fill in the customer feedback form on the eggertspiele website (with a bit of help from the Google machine translation tools; I'm afraid my German is somewhat inadequate without assistance) asking if I could buy replacements for the missing pieces. Less than 24 hours later, I've a nice (English) letter in response from Peter Eggert assuring me that no purchase is required and that he'd send me the replacements free of charge. Sure enough - less than two weeks later, I've a tiny envelope from Germany that contains a blue meeple and two yellow ships. Excellent service! Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Antike was missing 2 black meeples. Peter Eggert promptly sent the missing pieces. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I need to hit the web...

I got one too few scoring cylinders for one color, and one too many for another...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrmm...I guess I need to go count the bits in my copy of Die Dolmengotter...just in case...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
generalpf wrote:
Don't they count the pieces before sealing the box? Maybe have two people count them? Pack them by weight?

At one point in my misspent youth, I marked freshman algebra assignments to keep myself in food. Judging from the number of students that requested I recount their mark (I'm talking simply about adding up marks that I had made on their sheets) I'd guess that at some point fatigue sets in.

On the other hand, despite the three of us that were missing pieces that have chimed in on this thread, we've still no evidence that eggertspiele's quality control is any worse than any other game publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Always count your pieces. 1 in 10 of every game I've bought has been over or short pieces (if they have bits, I have yet to have a card game be short).

You can, however, count on almost any company to make good on your missing pieces. I can definately say that for Rio Grande, Eggertspiele, Fantasy Flight, and Mayfair.

So no worries. It might be disappointing, but they'll make it up to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Always count your pieces.

Geek Rule #1 when you buy a new/used game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.