Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
A few quick questions:

1) Was I supposed to get something to use as a round marker?

2) Has anyone else found the empty city markers terribly annoying in that they block the colour of the city? We always use the small railroad crossing markers first to mitigate the issue, but eventually we need to use one of the larger pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:

No. Generally one of the empty city markers is used. We usually use a water tower 'cause at least it's round!

apotheos wrote:
2) Has anyone else found the empty city markers terribly annoying in that they block the colour of the city? We always use the small railroad crossing markers first to mitigate the issue, but eventually we need to use one of the larger pieces.

I think we've found it a minor annoyance, and thankfully not one that has ended up deciding the outcome of the game. Although we usually do make a point of not using the roundhouse pieces because they really are a little too big and the solid bases would probably exacerbate the issue you raise.

pk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
A few quick questions:

We use a dime. Odd that they didn't include something.

I now like the markers. We don't use the RR Xing ones because they fall over easily. The size of the marker makes it easier to assess the state of the board, at least for me. I've now played it enough that I know most of the city colors anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
Has anyone else found the empty city markers terribly annoying in that they block the colour of the city? We always use the small railroad crossing markers first to mitigate the issue, but eventually we need to use one of the larger pieces.

Yes. They were the second thing I changed in the game (the first was to add small score markers in the correct player colors): I have simply added a number of small white wooden discs. They fit nicely into the central cirkel of a city thus avoiding us shipping goods through a city of the same color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowsher
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
We try to use the RR Crossing markers strictly for colored cities, since you can still see the color underneath.

It's been pointed out elsewhere that the board, while very attractive, has a couple of design flaws above and beyond the warping.

And I thought that the black locomotive was the round order marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Booder98 wrote:

No, thats the first player marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
Booder98 wrote:

No, thats the first player marker.

Yeah, although it's practically useless. In most of the game I've played we've forgotten to pass it around most of the time and no-one noticed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Pitts
New Zealand
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even get the black locomotive first player marker in my set - is it a card or something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bullions
England
Hayes
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a black wooden locomotive, about an inch long. In my set it was in with the cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Pitts
New Zealand
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh!

Sure enough, when I emptied the cloth bag out I found the train!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.