Schlüsselfeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

please be so kind and answer the following questions:

Is a Sally and a Relief contemporaneous or does one of them count as
reinforcements (pass 1st combat round)?

>'Changes to town control are always effective immediately.'
So playing a card with value '2' allows conquering an enemy town with the first point and then mustering THERE with the second point, right?

About Harrying: Does the Attacker have to reveal his units and then the
Arabs (or Turcopoles) can decide to Harry or does the decision to Harry have to be taken before revealing?

Can Harrying chosen during a Battle e.g. before combat round two?

Regrouping happens immediately after the actual battle has been fought or AFTER ALL battles have been fought?

As I understand, playing the Mud Card in the last turn cancels the Effect of the Winter Campaign card even if that card is played to support a designated Group to avoid winter attrition?

Muster: Is a Force March to a Designation Point allowed?

thx in advance,
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my thoughts:

1. Sally can happen during any round, if the defender chooses to come out when the attacker is not storming. Relief blocks ALWAYS arrive at the end of round 1, so can fight during round 2.

2. I think you are correct on that one, (conquer/muster)

3. Yes, unless someone is going into a castle before combat, blocks are revealed before the decision to Harry, (or Kinghts charge) is made.

4. Yes, you can harry during a battle.

5. Regroup is immediate

6. Not going to attempt an answer on the MUD card.

7. Yes it is allowed, though you would still have to roll for the forced march attrition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
3. Yes, unless someone is going into a castle before combat, blocks are revealed before the decision to Harry, (or Kinghts charge) is made.

4. Yes, you can harry during a battle.

In my understanding, you do not declare what type of attack you are conducting (or if you are retreating) until right before the block fires. So:

1. The defending Frank would fire his "A" blocks, then
2. The attacking Saracen would Harry with his "A" blocks (retreating), then
3. The Frank could charge with his "B" blocks and
4. the Saracen could stand and fight (fire) with his "B" blocks and then
5. The Frank could retreat is “C” blocks and
6. The Saracen could Harry with his “C” blocks (retreating).

All these things would be declared immediately before they occurred. i.e. the Saracen can wait and see what happens in steps 1-5 before he commits to Harrying with his “C” blocks in step 6. No pre-commitment is necessary, and each block acts independently at the whim of the owner (subject to all game rules of course…)

Quote:
6. Not going to attempt an answer on the MUD card.

I'm posting this question as a separate thread. Last night we had the MUD / Winter Campaign combination arise and we played it literally... that the MUD card (per the 1.3 rules):

Quote:
The MUD card cancels the current turn completely, except for Siege Attrition. That is, both Player Turns, the Combat Phase, and the
Draw Phase are cancelled.

So... MUD does not cancel Siege Attrition, which means that the Winter Campaign card can be used to sustain a siege through the winter, BUT cannot be used to allow a normal move / battle.

Playing it the other seemed illogical and harsh. MUD effects movement an combat... not units that are besieging a castle. It would have been VERY harsh to say that the winter campaign card could not sustain a siege over the winter... becuase if it can't then normal winter attrition would apply and all the besieging blocks would have been eliminated! In our view, that made the mud card WAY too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.