Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still no one has posted English rules on the pro-ludo version. (takers?)

Regarding the card:

Nebel (cloud)

Fog. That battle is no longer won by the normal formation rules, but simply by highest sum of cards.

And also considering the note at top of this thread, that when proving you will win a certain stone, you don't need to consider unplayed action cards, I have this question:

If my opponent proves that a stone can be won (say with a 1-2-3 straight flush against my 8-8), and he takes it to the bottom of his row of cards, however, I could have beaten it by playing the cloud card followed by a third 8, can I still lay these cards onto my row (after he has taken the stone), and then reclaim the stone?

In fact, a question we often have is, can you still throw cards down on a row that you have already lost, just to discard? (or is there a way to discard for that matter?)

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☃ daniel ☃
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Battle Line, once a flag (a stone in Schotten-Totten) is won, no further cards may be played on it, on either side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
facesnorth wrote:
If my opponent proves that a stone can be won (say with a 1-2-3 straight flush against my 8-8), and he takes it to the bottom of his row of cards, however, I could have beaten it by playing the cloud card followed by a third 8, can I still lay these cards onto my row (after he has taken the stone), and then reclaim the stone?

In Battle Line, the rules specifically state: (paragraph two under the header "Flags") : "Unplayed Tactics cannot prevent a Flag claim." This is why your opponent is allowed to claim the flag. You also are never allowed to change the claim of a flag once it has been established.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.