London's Burning» Forums » General

Subject: The Defiant... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Smith
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering how many LB players here include the Defiant from the General Magazine in their games.

I for one include it, sure it´s a total lemon but it comes in very handy when the Luftwaffe have massacred your Spit and Hurri boys. Plus it´s got a ton of ammo to hose around (providing of course it can win its performance checks to get in a position to fire gulp ).

Interested to know.

Tim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sinclair
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the game but have never played the "Defiant" version. I would love to try it if you would scan and post it here. Are there any other variants that you know of other than Holland's Burning, which I haven't tried.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Yes, I've used the Defiant from time to time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Smith
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,

I can scan the Defiant counters and the rules for its inclusion for you and post them here.

Hopefully this isn´t breaking any rules but I doubt it as it was years ago since it came out and it´s a variant rule.

Only thing is that you´ll have to wait a day or two as I´ve just moved into a new place and haven´t set the scanner up yet.

Cheers,

Tim.

PS - Apart from the Defiant and Holland´s Burning, I don´t know of any other variants. If someone´s got other variants which they´ve cooked up I´d love to see them as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sinclair
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim,

I'm looking forward to the upload.

Thanks,
Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
castiglione
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Flashheart wrote:
PS - Apart from the Defiant and Holland´s Burning, I don´t know of any other variants. If someone´s got other variants which they´ve cooked up I´d love to see them as well!

I always thought a "Warsaw's Burning" or "Flying Zippo - Burning Cactus" would've been interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nogacki

Bastrop
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I agree with the last post, I haven't even got the game yet (just bought one from a member here on B'game geek) and just from a description on how the game runs, I was already thinking..."I wonder if you could mod this thing to become a Cactus Air Force/Guadalcanal variant!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cutcliffe
United Kingdom
Paignton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Therer is a Blenheim variant too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always used the Defiant except for when I have to play on VASSAL, since it is not included in the module.

I can brag that once (and only once) I got my Defiant onto its ACE side!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.