Subject: Drafting essential to winning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathon Mohon
United States
Unspecified
MI
flag msg tools
I found a simple easy way to bide my time to strike at the lead, however be patient enough not to do it too soon. Most of the time you have to beat the lead car by 3 or more (if directly behind him to start with). Based on this all I do is wait for the lead car to roll under the bell curve by a couple (2-5), use drafting option A and take my chances to roll 2 higher (draft A gave me the 3rd).

What I mean by being patient is if there are many laps left to go and the lead car rolls low I draft (option B) because for every car that drafts it makes it harder for the next car to make a move. We all know what can happen if you fall out of the draft line, you go from 2nd to last lol. So I guess my point is that the draft line is like a body guard use it as long as it is useful to you and then make your move when you no longer need it.

At the end of my move I make sure that the 2nd to last position isn't directly behind the one I end my move in. This makes it harder for other cars to draft me. It is easier to capitalize on a bad roll if you're drafting than if you're seperate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played yet(have 4 players next Friday)but I have to agree. Take your time and do the draft.Will put this to the test and get back to ya.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.