Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The advanced search provides some excellent functionality, my favorite of which is searching my game collection for games appropriate for the number of players seeking fun. It works splendidly by specifying a range of X to Y players; however, if X equals Y (i.e. I know precisely how many people want to play a game) - let's say that X=Y=4, then rather than giving me all the games in my collection suitable for four players, the Advanced Search reports only games for exactly four players. In my case, that means only Mah Jong shows up.

Most of my collection is for four players, so I can move on with life for that case, but when I'm searching for a more interesting number like 6 or 7, I'd really like to see some results.

Now, I can find the answer by searching for 5 & 6, which gets any game supporting 5 to 6 players, and 6 & 7 to get those for 6 to 7, and then looking at the union of the set - please, that's why we have computers.

Since I have not been able to dream up a scenario in which I would want to know which games I have that support specifically only Z players, other than sheer curiosity, I'd really prefer for the X=Y scenario to give all my games playable by X players. In fact, it would be just fine, and perhaps great, to have a separate, single textbox (or selectbox, if you must) on the next line to look for games for X players.

Please please please please please? May we have the following functionality in the advanced search?

Quote:
I have X players. Which of my games can we play?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.