BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: strange entry in wishlist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Whaley
United States
California
flag msg tools
I just noticed that I have an entry in my wishlist that has a blank name and an alternate name of "4458". Searching for 4458 in games results in nothing. I assume this is just some site bug, but I want to make sure I don't delete a game I'm interested in, does BGG order games by number, and if so can you look them up by number?

thanks
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can look up any game by its game ID by entering it directly into the URL.

Like this:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/4458

That number doesn't bring up an entry. Maybe it was a duplicate entry or something. Perhaps an admin might know what that number used to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anoni mouse
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a little looking and the game ids 4457-4459 return the message "That game does not exist."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Looks like the game was removed from the database. I will fix it so that games that don't exist anymore won't show up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Whaley
United States
California
flag msg tools
Aldie wrote:
Looks like the game was removed from the database. I will fix it so that games that don't exist anymore won't show up.

OK, thanks. Any chance of finding out what game it was? If it was deleted as a duplicate, I'd like to add it back in, I've spent a fair bit of time browsing to build the wishlist.

Thanks again for an awesome site and such a responsive forum!

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.