Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Marshall
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll start this out with a disclaimer: I don't like Monopoly that much. Its fine to play with family if I absolutely have to, but I think playing once every year or two is plenty.

That being said, my mother-in-law got me Brewopoly for Christmas. I am a beer lover, homebrewer, and try to visit breweries when ever I travel. I was pleased to see great brews like Moose Drool and Fat Angel on the cover of the box. Always curious about a new game, I broke it open and we gave it a spin while we watched a movie.

Contents:
The board is standard Monopoly quality. Nothing amazing, just an American game board. The houses (brewpubs) and hotels (microbreweries)are yellow adn green plastic pieces. Identical to the normal plastic Monopoly pieces, but a different color. The player pieces aer a beer mug, bottle top, pretzel, peanut, bottle opener, and pilsner glass. Money is standard fare, but the property deeds and community chest/chance cards (draft/bottle) are slicker plastic coated cards.

Gameboard:
The gameboard has a variety of breweries for the properties like Buzzards Bay, New Belgium and Full Sail. Aside from small changes like "Skunk Brew - Pay $75" instead of the luxury tax, its just Monopoly.

Gameplay:
Its Monopoly. I'm sure you've played it, but just in case, I'll go over the basics. You buy breweries by moving your piece around the board and landing on spaces. When you've collected all of one color, you may begin buying brewpubs and eventually microbreweries. As people land on your spaces, they pay you rent, more if you have brewpubs.

The one change is that this game includes beer trivia questions in the Draft/Bottle cards. I thought this was a fun idea on the first game, but there are only 3 trivia cards, so after one play, you know the answer. Makes them pointless in the future.

Overall:
Its Monopoly. I have a neat wooden "vintage" set if I ever want to play. The breweries angle is nice, but I doubt this would be the one I choose if I ever want to play Monopoly.

Personal Rating (based on style, not game): 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.