1) Pit Maze
2) Gear Box
3) Flood Zone
4) Back Stretch

Set up as following:
[2][4]
[1][3]

For board pictures: http://files.boardgamegeek.com/viewfile.php3?fileid=8199

meeple We started on the first flag (on Pit Maze) with the goal of making it to the fourth flag (on Back Stretch). We didn't play with the goal of making it back to the first flag.

We had pretty much all the expansions in there so I can't tell you all the different option cards that we had. Some that came into play during this game: Scrambler, Big Gun, Drones, Goo, Converter, Bridge Layer, Tractor Beam, some sort of push weapon, and I can't remember everything else.

Right off the bat, Ed (caught in the currents of board 4) and I (getting bad cards) were headed in the wrong direction while everyone else caught a convenient conveyor towards the second board. But the second board (Gear Box) had all of us spinning endlessly. It seemed like it took most of us an hour (and several shutdowns) to actually touch the flag on the second board. Then, everyone (except me) seemed to hit it at once.

Sean was in the lead by the time most people had it the flag on the second board. By that time, he was mostly toward the third board. Ed suddenly caught up and was on Sean's heels. In the end, Sean was the only one to make it anywhere near the goal on the fourth board. Ed was on the fourth board with him at the end, but no where near the flag. Chris was toying with Brandon's ability to move on the flood zone (3rd) board and I was pitifully trying to make it to third board.

Sean said this was the first game he finished where he won. Yay, Sean! It was a good game. I liked the challenging boards and everyone played for strategy. As everyone in this particular gaming group has played this game several times, we were free to strategize and learn the finer details of the option weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.