Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I recently picked this up on eBay, in an odd auction that included a birdfeeder. Huh, go figure. This was our first play, with me, Melinda, and Sam.

Mel seems unbeatable at auction games recently. We played over a dozen games of Ra over Christmas, and she won at least eight of them. Fist of Dragonstones is a gorgeous game, and quite a fun filler, but I have to admit it suffered in comparison to Ra. They are close enough in length of time to play that--once I get my own copy of Ra--I don't see playing this too much.

However, I still liked Fist of Dragonstones. The strategies are not as obvious as they appear at first, and we had trouble with our bids. For example, the pay-the-amount-of-your-bid-for-one-VP card was sold for only one gold. Melinda got off to a quick 2-0-0 lead, and then Sam and I played defensively. Mel got four dragonstones back as we caught up to 2 VPs each, then she lowered the boom. After securing the Witch to prevent the block, she bid 20 gold (using the goldsmith) to buy the Magician for her last VP. Ouch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.