221B Baker Street: The Master Detective Game» Forums » General

Subject: Hansen Co versions/editions Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
flag msg tools
I have owned a copy of this game since I was a teenager. My bookcase copy was published by the Hansen Co. and bears two different copyright dates, 1977 appears on the box and both 1977 and 1978 appears on different components in the box.

Recently I purchased another copy published by Hansen that varies very slightly from mine. It bears all the same copyright dates on the materials (1977 and 1978), but the box has a UPC bar code on the bottom edge of the box top and the color of the box is redder than mine. Also the insert in my original game is just brown cardboard and the insert in the copy I just bought is white.

Obviously these two games were printed at different times and the one I just purchased is newer because of the UPC code being included. However, I see just one version listed in the versions section for the bookcase style by the Hansen Co.

Does anyone know when this later version might have been printed and what, if any, other differences might exist?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.