Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
My fiancee and I tried Maxi Bour$e out for the first time. At first the game was quite daunting, as there were 400 stock cards, over 100 other cards and play money to sort out. A reading of the rules presented a game with a complicated game mechanism but a simple objective.

In each turn the players roll two dice and move their pawn around a concentric track. If the player lands on a company space, they may buy up to 3,000 shares of the company at the "fixed price" (the last market price) or buy up to 3,000 shares of a different company at market price, which increases due to demand. After the player buys shares, opponents get an opportunity to buy up to 3,000 shares as well, after which all players get another chance to do so. As there are only 10,000 shares of a company available, prices rise sharply to weed out buyers.

If a player wishes to sell stock (which he or she may do at the beginning of their turn or if forced to do so), the procedure is the reverse of buying, with prices going down if players do not wish to purchase the offered stock. Players may also trade stocks.

Event and Rumor cards are drawn when players land on certain spaces or roll a "7" on the dice. They can be positive or negative.

The game is won by the player who gains control of three of the four companies in an industry or by controlling one company in each of five industries.

We found the game to be interesting but unsatisfactory for two players. It was too easy to gain control of a company (in one buying round a player could control a company) and the Events and Rumor cards had more impact on the outcome. Perhaps when I get the chance to play this with a larger group the breaks will balance out.

Rating: Jason--7 (may rise with future playing)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.