Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a premier tile is at $3 and then the "Sale" event is drawn, what happens? Does the tile stay available at $3, or is it discarded from play?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Stern
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
It is discarded from play, and another card/tile is drawn to replace it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We had this happen yesterday, so I came here to ask.

The situation occurred when the price of a Fancy Lounge dropped to $7, but a Lounge Strike kept anyone from buying it. The next turn the price dropped to $3, then the Sale card came out.

I looked at the rule, but it's unclear. It says when the price drops from $3 the room is discarded, but it says that under the "Drop Prices" phase, and this was a Sale card. We decided to leave the room in play, but I could have gone either way. Is there an official ruling that the room is discarded?

I don't even see the need for the rule saying the room is discarded when it drops from $3. I think it should just stay at $3. When I first read the rules I thought it was to clear out a tile that no one wanted, but now that I've played, I just don't see it. For $3, someone will want it. It's rare that a tile doesn't go for $7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
We had this happen yesterday, so I came here to ask.

The situation occurred when the price of a Fancy Lounge dropped to $7, but a Lounge Strike kept anyone from buying it. The next turn the price dropped to $3, then the Sale card came out.

I looked at the rule, but it's unclear. It says when the price drops from $3 the room is discarded, but it says that under the "Drop Prices" phase, and this was a Sale card. We decided to leave the room in play, but I could have gone either way. Is there an official ruling that the room is discarded?

I don't even see the need for the rule saying the room is discarded when it drops from $3. I think it should just stay at $3. When I first read the rules I thought it was to clear out a tile that no one wanted, but now that I've played, I just don't see it. For $3, someone will want it. It's rare that a tile doesn't go for $7.

I would think it's a mechanism to force you to act now or lose the deal when it hits the bottom. In addition, it ensures you are cycling through the tiles and progressing towards the end game. One last note, the rule might have been listed under the "drop prices" phase but it seems that is exactly what the card is saying "drop price" so it seems logical to apply it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys don't buy a Fancy Lounge at $12?

I wanna play against you and win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.