BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: quick way to find my posts/responses? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Whaley
United States
California
flag msg tools
It would be nice to have a quick way of finding all my recent posts to see if I have any responses. Or perhaps a way of automatically subscribing to a thread/getting a bookmark when sending a response? Right now the only way I've found to see all my posts is go to my profile, scroll way down, and click on the number by "posts"...is there a faster way?

thanks
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Whaley
United States
California
flag msg tools
Actually I just realized the search link is constant, so you can bookmark in your browser the links to your form posts/replies, which makes it quick to check up on threads you're participating in.... are there other ways people use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I go under my profile through the "MyGeek" link at the top of the page. At the bottom right portion of the screen, it shows you the number of replies and items you've added to GeekLists, and the number of posts and replies you've made to any forum threads. This, to me, is the easiest way to track conversations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forum threads can be "subscribed to" so that you get updates by geekmail/email when there are new comments (see the grey bars that top and tail the posts in the thread.

Also threads can be bookmarked so that you can find them later on (again see the grey bars with the [subscribe] and [bookmark]

To list your bookmarked and subscribed items, look for the [control panel] link at the top when you are reading a forum thread.

You can also see ALL of your contributed posts, geeklists and geeklist items from your profile page... in the "Contributions by keaaw" box... click on the number next to the type of item you want to find and it will list all your contributions of that type..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well in the forums you can subscribe to any thread you want and when there is a new post a link to that thread will be put in your GeekMail box. This is something you can click in your profile so that you are automatically subscribed to any thread you post in.

Geek List on the ohter hand... your method is about the only way to tackle those at present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Whaley
United States
California
flag msg tools
Melsana wrote:
Well in the forums you can subscribe to any thread you want and when there is a new post a link to that thread will be put in your GeekMail box. This is something you can click in your profile so that you are automatically subscribed to any thread you post in.

Geek List on the ohter hand... your method is about the only way to tackle those at present.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I found the "notify me upon replies by default" yes/no checkbox in Forums -> Controls -> Preferences

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.