United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
During our last night session of Decent we came across 2 questions

1) Breath
-If a hero is around a corner, for example, and NOT the line of sight of a creature using breath but falls under the breath template, is this hero affected by this breath attack?

2) Crackshot
-If a hero has crackshot card and this hero is in a pit can this hero attack using crackshot? Being that the line of sight for crackshot is one adjacent space to the hero.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Josefsson
Sweden
Lund
Skane
flag msg tools
Badges? We don' need no stinkin' badges!
badge
MrSkeletor wrote:
jjloc wrote:

1) Breath
-If a hero is around a corner, for example, and NOT the line of sight of a creature using breath but falls under the breath template, is this hero affected by this breath attack?

Yes

Hm, are you quite sure MrSkeletor? When looking at the picture examples in the rulebook on how to apply the breath template I get the opposite idea. As I interpret them, a character will not be hit by a breath attack if they're not in LOS.
(I could be wrong of course cool )

/Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
plysbjorn wrote:
MrSkeletor wrote:
jjloc wrote:

1) Breath

Yes

Hm, are you quite sure MrSkeletor? When looking at the picture examples in the rulebook on how to apply the breath template I get the opposite idea. As I interpret them, a character will not be hit by a breath attack if they're not in LOS.
(I could be wrong of course cool )

/Andy

Andy: I'm not seeing how you get that from the pictures in the rulebook. It states under the breath attack "and all the figures underneath the template (friendly and enemy) are affected by the attack." (emphasis mine). It makes no mention of line of sight. Therefore, LOS doesn't matter when resolving whether or not a breath attack targets a figure (and this includes enemies as well).

-Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Josefsson
Sweden
Lund
Skane
flag msg tools
Badges? We don' need no stinkin' badges!
badge
Ah, my bad. blush I was looking at the blast example.

Well, eh, I guess I just downgraded from 2nd level Rules Interpreter to 1st level Opinion Head

/Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When this game up in our games, I looked at both the Blast and the Breath rules. The rules do say that Blast CAN be blocked by rubble, walls, etc. No such comment is included with the breath rules. I try to use common sense. The breath weapon expands in a rough cone, and it's expanding, so there's some ability to "lick" around corners and such...but limited.

I think this is one of those areas where the rules went for simple over realistic. With a little common sense, you're group should probably be able to agree on some basic groundrules. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven alexander
United States
portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that my most recent session came up with a similar dilemma. The Hellhound stood to the right of the door, against the wall, so that his blast would burn across the door frame but not through the door (necessarily). He was attempting to burn a character (pc1) that was in the same room as he, but on the other side of the door frame.

The question was, would a character (pc2) in the adjacent room, standing on the other side of the wall that pc1 is against, be hit by the flame. If we use the template as the example, pc2 is definitely under it. However, there is actually a wall between pc2 and the flame, since it "cones" out, and it's expansion does not begin until the flame is past the door frame.

I hope I described that clearly enough.

I'll try to illustrate:

pc1<--hound
___....__________
pc2

(Like this, but pc1 and hound are against the wall)

Any comments? Opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
2) Crackshot
-If a hero has crackshot card and this hero is in a pit can this hero attack using crackshot? Being that the line of sight for crackshot is one adjacent space to the hero.

The pit description in the rulebook states "While in the pit, a figure has no line of sight to any other spaces." That seems pretty cut & dried right there.

I don't have the card handy for Crackshot, so I can't see if it overrides the rules for pit, but from what I recall we didn't think so. What does the "Crackshot" card say on it - anyone have one handy? I know that it allows a character to trace a line of sight from an adjacent space or something to that affect, but doesn't the pit's statement of "no line of site to any other spaces" show that no attack is possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.