United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Now maybe people will stop trying to get $100 for a used copy on Ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Kaplan
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
Is Rio Grande also planning a reprint of the expansions? Thoughthammer says yes, but the rio grande site is not so clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Teplin
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mrbeankc wrote:
Great! Now maybe people will stop trying to get $100 for a used copy on Ebay.

Whoa! Where have you seen that? I didn't see any auctions above the $35-$40 mark. Maybe I should sell my copy and then buy the reprint...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd,

The reprint from Rio Grande is supposed to include the expansions. I don't think they'll be reprinting the expansions separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marathon To Waterloo wrote:
Is Rio Grande also planning a reprint of the expansions? Thoughthammer says yes, but the rio grande site is not so clear.

I already have El Grande and sincerely hope to be able to buy the expansions as a seperate set.
Is Thought Hammer the cheapest? I just bought a few games from them last week and could not find a cheaper shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oettinger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dyfrgi wrote:
Todd,

The reprint from Rio Grande is supposed to include the expansions. I don't think they'll be reprinting the expansions separately.

No, I'm pretty sure the expansion will also be getting a reprint, and you will be able to buy the expansions separately. I e-mailed Jay, explaining that I had the original game, and wanted to know if the new expansions would be compatible with my original version of the game, and he replied "The new game/expansions should be completely compatible with the old."

I also note that Thought Hammer has a separate listing for the reprint of the expansion:

http://thoughthammer.com/product_info.php?products_id=342&os...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
RGG has changed their minds... and are not making available the expansions as a seperate item And the MSRP on the 10th anniversary edition that includes the expansions keeps going up (as of May 27th it's $54.95)... ie. pretty close the the sum of the originally listed MSRP's for the base and expansions before they decided to bundle them together and screw those of us who already own the base (base was going to be MSRP $39.95, and expansions around $27.95 I believe).
McCoy Pauley wrote:
dyfrgi wrote:
Todd,

No, I'm pretty sure the expansion will also be getting a reprint, and you will be able to buy the expansions separately. I e-mailed Jay, explaining that I had the original game, and wanted to know if the new expansions would be compatible with my original version of the game, and he replied "The new game/expansions should be completely compatible with the old."

I also note that Thought Hammer has a separate listing for the reprint of the expansion:

http://thoughthammer.com/product_info.php?products_id=342&os...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.