Popular Tags: [View All]
Trenton
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I had another couple over last night for some games, food and drink. Three of the four of us have played Settlers many times before, but the other had only played once. Turn selection had the beginner player choosing placement last. With little coaching, excellent territory was claimed. And I got my foothold on Wheat and Ore.

I'll spare you the finer details, and leave you with the basics. My wife, to my left, sat with 9 points from cities and settlements. I had 1 city, 3 settlements, the longest road and the largest army, for a total of 9 points (and holding the resources to build another city). My wife was pointing out to the others that I'm about to win. I then pointed out that she has 9 points, and is equally dangerous... Now we all know the unwritten rule that you don't trade with someone who has a chance of winning right away, but that rule was broken tonight! My loving wife offered some trades, and said, "You wouldn't want to let HIM win next turn, would you guys?" A trade was made then she built a settlement and won. Game over.

It's not so much that I didn't win, or that the unwritten rule was broken, it was that my wife put an emphasis on 'him' when offering the trade... Tune into the next session report for my plotted revenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.