Popular Tags: [View All]
Trenton
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We took a little break from our last game (See report on 'Don't Let HIM Win') before starting up our next game. I was surely set on revenge and wanted nothing more than to see my wife fall!

Turn selection, by luck, was the same as last game with my wife and I switching seats. I saw a great opportunity to sieze a high yield Wheat-Wheat-Ore settlement, and if left alone, a lower yield Ore-Ore settlement on an Ore trading post. It worked out in my favour; I was able to get what I wanted...

My plan was working perfecty. Near the end of the game, I had 3 cities, 1 settlement and a victory point in hand. I needed only to construct two more consecutive roads to snag 2 more victory points. My wife sat with 3 settlements, 1 city, and 2 visible knights. Yes, she was being beat-down and I was going to win.

The final round began, as all I wanted to do is collect simply two more resources to build those roads. But, the most horrific thing happened. The dice went cold. Stone cold. I got nothing by the time it came around to me... My wife, meanwhile, had a full hand and 5 visible victory points. I had to pass my turn onto her. She made a 2:1 trade and giggled. She showed the resources necessary to build 3 roads, which netted her the longest road; she flipped over her knight giving her the largest army, and flipped over a victory point. Yep, you counted right. 10 points.

Revenge would not be mine. Instead, she twisted that knife in my chest a little bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.