Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
are the cards in the OOTB edition usually scuffed up on the back? The dark blue background looks like a big mistake from a quality control standpoint. Many of my cards have white scuffs along the edge -- maybe enough that it won't be a problem. But a few others have more distinguishable marks on the center of the cards -- e.g. I immediately recognize France and Ireland when they are face down.

I'm tempted to ask for a replacement deck, but don't know whether I'm likely to encounter the same problem all over again. Which is why I'm asking whether others have experienced it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine weren't like that, though some of them did stick together and had to be seperated carefully. I suspect both issues are because they were wrapped while the ink was still wet.

Contact OotB and let them know and I am sure they will replace them.

I did have a hard time getting the to reply the one time I had an issue, but once they did everything was handled beautifully!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Bobby for the quick/thorough answer! I did have the stick-together problem with two cards as well, so sounds like related phenomena.

My one previous experience with OOTB customer service was also good; I'll email them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same problem.

I sent an email to OTB through their website (sales/customer service).
I had a response in a day and a whole set of new tiles in a week.

Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Aldridge
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem. I read this post on the forum prior to opening the box and I was extremely careful when pulling the cards apart. Nevertheless, I had four cards that ended up pulling some ink off. I emailed the sales dept of OTB and within 45 minutes, I received a response telling me that they would send me a full replacement set of tiles. Sad that they're having to do this, but at least they have great support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.