Thumb up
2 Posts

War of the Ring (First Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Besieging armies ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Guys , can you help me out with a question here , thank you.

My Fp army has retreated under siege in minar tirith . I have another incomming arm thats just got to adjacent region to minas tirith . Can i enter in Minas Tirith ( since the rulebook says tha during siege the region surrounding the stronghold under siege is considered free ) and attack the SP army from behind ?

ALso , rules says siege battles are only 1 round ( unless elite unit is sacrificed ) , so the round is over and the player has to use another dice to attack again ? And because in first round against city/fortification/ stronghole only 6 counts as hits , as long as my units are alive , the attacking player can stay there for a long time if he doesnt roll 6 only ? That makes taking over strongholds really hard ?

ALso , using the ring to counter the damage , is explained as adding damage to the track ? It doesnt makes sense, what exactly do u use the ring for since you always take shadow damage ?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
flag msg tools
1. You don't enter a region on an attack, until you've successfuly defeated the opponent. So yes, you 2nd army can attack the besieging Shadow army in Minas Tirith, but your unity WITHIN the stronghold does't take part in the battle.

2. Yes, if you don't reduce an elite, you have to use another action die to attack again. And yes in a siege, the attacker always only hits on a 6. And yes, taking stronghold IS tough. You need many attacking units, lots of leadership (Nazgul) and good combat cards.

3. "Using the ring" is just a descriptive phrase for adding corruption points. Basically Frodo puts on the ring to take him out of physical danger, at the cost of increased power of the ring.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.