Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Feldman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some games up for sale received an offer on it several days ago. In the past, I received an email notification of an offer soon after it was made, I didn't need to go check my marketplace account.

Is the email notification broken or was it removed intentionally? If removed, I'd like to see it reinstated.

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
I didn't disable it or anything, but it may be broken. I will check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Spontelli
United States
MANSFIELD
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/dfwgames/
badge
Okay, let's start the meeting. My name is Ken, and I'm a Tichu addict.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yo Aldie,

I had a problem much like this in the very resent past. I was not getting any geek mail. As I had it all forwarded to my primary email address so, I didn't notice it right away. I had made a couple of trade offers and I, eventually, noticed the geekmail had piled up in my BGG inbox. I knew something was wrong so, I changed my confirmed email address. The confirmation email, for the new email address, never would arrive. The fix I found was to point the geek to another ISP email address. It seems that AT&T Worldnet was blocking anything coming from the BGG. I can't remember if I tried to get things forwarded to my Adelphia email but, I'm pretty sure I did. My fix was gmail. Once I pointed things to my gmail account the confirmation popped up in the inbox within seconds.

I collect all three of these three email account's mail using the same software and all three are POP accounts. The only difference is the ISPs. I figure that the issue is with them.

The whole event in email, see below:

Quote:
Hello all,

I has found a way around my problem but not the cause. It is one of my ISPs that caused the issue. AT&T Worldnet is not letting mail from BGG through. I have bumped in to this in the past with other domains being blocked as hostile, e.g. Case Western Reserve University was block for about a month last year.

I have made a change to another ISP and the issue is gone. With AT&T Worldnet being a fairly large ISP, BGG Administrators may want to contact AT&T Worldnet and resolve the issue; that is what Case Western Reserve University did to stop the blocking. I would think that you should at least ask them if and why they have blocked you and your I.P. address as hostile.

Thanks again,
Ken Spontelli
gamesnight in BGG

Quote:
Kevin S. O'Brien wrote:

Aldie,

Please see the email, below, from Ken Spontelli (gamesnight on BGG). He is having serious issues that are preventing him from logging in to BGG. Please help him!

Cheers,

Kevin O'Brien (cyberkev63 on BGG)

Quote:
From: Ken Spontelli Subject: Board Game Geek Issues Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 23:43:59 -0500

Hi again,

I am now locked out of BGG. Since I was not getting my forwarded email, I tried to change the email address that the email is forwarded to. After I made the change, the geek said that it would send a confirmation email to my new address. Well, that was an hour ago and the confirmation email has not arrived yet. I changed it back; another confirmation email is promised and does not arrive. These are two different ISPs and I checked them both with my email software and also on-line with a browser, nothing. Everything else I sent to them gets through.

The forwarding of geek mail has been on the blink for more than a couple of weeks but, I just didn't notice until I wondered want ever happened to the trade offer I made a couple of weeks ago. Now that I don't have my email confirmed with the geek, everything I want to do comes up with a message that I need to complete my confirmation. Anyhow... since I can not 'confirm' my email address, I can not report the 'bug' to the geek. I even started a new account on the geek and guess what? NO CONFIRMATION EMAIL! I checked the junk mail bin on both ISPs; I checked the SCREENED email bin... nothing there

Spanky
gamesnight in BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Feldman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use att.net too. Perhaps that's the problem.

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Not sure who to write to, but I contacted postmaster@att.net to see if there's anything that can be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Spontelli
United States
MANSFIELD
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I called my service number for AT&T Worldnet, 1-800-400-1447, and found some information. The little buggers there want an email sent to them at abuse_rbl@att.net stating the I.P.s involved; there is no phone number for this department, or so they tell me.

I am guessing that http://69.13.44.3/ http://www.boardgamegeek.com and http://www.bgg.cc should all be listed, plus whatever other internet addresses the Geek uses.

The issue to be addressed would be the blocking of email; abuse, virus or malicious list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Spontelli
United States
MANSFIELD
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy news! ATT.NET is now no longer blocking email from BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.