Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a bunch of new Runebound reviews appear in the front page module and, being a bit of a Runebound obsessive, I thought I'd check them out...

Loading all 4 into tabs I took a quick glance at each one before beginning to read. What I noticed first was that each one looked quite similar... well not just similar in fact... identical!

These are the 4 copies of the same review:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/94278
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/94275
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/94274
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/94273

Seems to me a bit unfair that the same piece of work can be posted 4 times to earn 4 lots of 3GG. Perhaps if the review had been split into it's 4 sections and posted seperately, I'd be less inclined to whinge, but it just seems like there's no thought to the quality/quantity of the material being added to the site... It's just duplication and waste.. and besides someone might not want to wade through reviews of all the other 3 expansions, just to find out about the one they're interested in!

Am I alone in being bothered by this?? zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like instead of writing 4 seperate reviews, they wrote 1 long one and posted it 4 times.

I guess it doesn't bother me too much, because it would have gotten posted as 4 seperate small reviews anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
United States
San Ramon
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
They're each in different forums. It's a review of four expansions, so it makes sense. He probably should have split them up, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I think I'll post a review of Monopoly and post it to each entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
They should have been split. As 4 pieces, yes, they are certainly worthy reviews. I see no real problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we worring about someone else instead of writing reviews ourselves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lutz
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is the review crap? If yes, then I can kind of see having some angst. I mean he could have loaded a bunch of images of the game session and aquired the gold. Did the review contribute meaningfully to the 4 sessions? If yes, good for them. Good job. If not, rate it like a stuffed cabbage roll fart and move on.yuk

There are several loop holes to obtaining gold. In the spirit of adding quality content to improve the random person's gaming experience I will try to earn my GG "honestly" by attempting to write reviews, session reports, etc... that add to content. Who cares if someone found a loop hole and excercised it? Cheaters always get caught...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
They should have been split. As 4 pieces, yes, they are certainly worthy reviews. I see no real problem.

Agreed. I suppose I could go in and edit them down to just the appropriate parts for each entry if it's that big a deal. I don't think it is. It's more review than I've written in the past two years. More power to him.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor, they are definitely 3...check out how someone earned their geekgold to confirm this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good example of a situation where multiple linking would help.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/94258

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seems ok to me.
It's not like he can spend his geekgold to have someone assassinated. Once we can do that then I think we need to be a little more picky about who gets geekgold and how much.

So people who've used assassins in the past get LESS geekgold because if there's too many assassinations then they stop being special. Like Christmas every day, ya know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.