Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
My reading of Control was that a player had to have all of the battleground countries in the area. But (judging from the session reports), "all" means "at least one, your opponent has none."

Which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dieringer
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
The rules are pretty clear, you must control all battlegrounds to have control of a region. What is interesting is that you don;t necessarily have to have any non battle grounds for control, but you must have 1 non battleground for domeination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Taylor
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chemist wrote:
What is interesting is that you don;t necessarily have to have any non battle grounds for control, but you must have 1 non battleground for domeination.

I noticed that too. I wondered if there was an omission in the rule, but hey, if your opponent is so indifferent as to allow you to control all the battleground countries then he deserves what he gets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
chemist wrote:
The rules are pretty clear, you must control all battlegrounds to have control of a region.

That's what I thought; like I said, some SRs seemed to indicate otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dieringer
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Could you direct me to some, I have been dying to read some session reports for this, but there is only 1 on the geek.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm. I think the comments I saw them were in some of the other forums (either on the geek or CSW). Like "I did this and got control" not in full SRs. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Drapeau
Canada
Ste-Martine
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Control : Don't forget, the player still needs to have more countries than its opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.