Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone out there willing and or able to do some quality paste-ups for the player boards?

I don't even think it would involve all that much work, I just have absolutely no experience making anything beyond word quality that would even closely emulate the original.

I'm primarily looking for what seems to be the turn summary on the boards.

Or, for anyone who's played it, is that all just a waste of time, and will I remember what the stuff on the boards mean after a play or 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tall
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be playing my first game tonight. If I feel the player boards need paste-ups after I play a game I will do it. (After I finish making alternate cards for Worlds of Warcraft and Das Endes des Triumvirats and...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have scanned the boards, thinking I'll get round to making pasteups.

I haven't played the game yet so haven't had a chance to do a proper 'translation'.

I was thinking of doing pasteups for the main board as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I considered this back when I first received the game but after going through the rules it didn't seem all that necessary. The main board especially wouldn't need a paste-up for the six actions since the pictures are pretty self explanitory once you understand what they mean. On the player boards the only thing that would need paste-ups would be the turn summary and it'd probably be better to reproduce that on a seperate card so you could make it bigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Parsons
United Kingdom
CHELMSFORD
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've played Kaivai a couple of times and would agree with Alan. Unless members of your gaming group are Deutschophobic, there's really no need for paste-ups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alkaiser wrote:
I considered this back when I first received the game but after going through the rules it didn't seem all that necessary.

True. BUT I always try to pasteups for when I play it with less frequent gamers who dont' react well to German text. It just makes the experience more asthetically pleasing. And we all know that gaming is about the experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tall
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just now uploading paste ups for the action circles on the board as well as translated player mats.

Cheers,
Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.