Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday Seth Jaffee wrote lengthily about dice version of beloved game on his blog: http://sedjtroll.blogspot.com/
What do you think about that idea? I am not sure. I have mixed feeling. Similarly I have mixed feeling about Roll for the Galaxy, announced dice version of beloved Race for the Galaxy.
I am much more delighted with 2 announced expansion for EmDo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mado78 wrote:
Yesterday Seth Jaffee wrote lengthily about dice version of beloved game on his blog: http://sedjtroll.blogspot.com/
What do you think about that idea? I am not sure. I have mixed feeling. Similarly I have mixed feeling about Roll for the Galaxy, announced dice version of beloved Race for the Galaxy.
I am much more delighted with 2 announced expansion for EmDo.

To be sure, the Eminent Domain dice game idea is a similar but distinct game to Eminent Domain. It shares a lot, but will be a lighter, simpler version of the game.

I'm very happy with the expansions to Eminent Domain, both Escalation and Exotica. Escalation adds a lot, and is really intended for players who are very familiar with the base game. Exotica is less intense, and may be a better "next step" for players who found themselves overwhelmed by the tech cards at first, or who haven't fully explored all of the strategies the base game has to offer.

I like both of them, and they will be able to be combined as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm... expantion is a good news and more of it, there are 2 of them coming along?
Are these expantions come in separate package?
I like the game and honestly this one is surely a keeper even most of my gaming groups do not perceive that the game is that good to be played the second time.
A dice game version might also interesting and look forward to it. The biggest contender would be Roll for the galaxy but must check them deeper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a sucker for dice games, so just bring it on.

Honestly, whenever I play a new game, I imagine how to do an "express" version with dice - probably due to the large number of blank indented dice I have laying around at home for pnp and self designed stuff.

But I'll certainly take the EmDo expansions first if I have to ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:

Honestly, whenever I play a new game, I imagine how to do an "express" version with dice - probably due to the large number of blank indented dice I have laying around at home for pnp and self designed stuff.

Blank dice you say? I should (make and then) send you sticker files for EmDice so you can try it out and help me playtest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
ashman wrote:

Blank dice you say? I should (make and then) send you sticker files for EmDice so you can try it out and help me playtest :)

If that's an option - pm me once you have them available.
I'd be glad to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Cañada Ramos
Spain
Barcelona
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
ashman wrote:

Blank dice you say? I should (make and then) send you sticker files for EmDice so you can try it out and help me playtest

Seth, if you need playtesters I'm also at your service whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Ichamoe
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuskas wrote:

Seth, if you need playtesters I'm also at your service whistle

Likewise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven O'Shea
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to playtest as well. In fact, I've already made a photoshop file of the six different die faces...enough to print out for three players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You're asking if I like dice games? Let me tell you: 1custom14{It is certain;It is decidedly so; As I see it, yes;Most likely;Outlook good;Yes;Signs point to yes; Ask again later;Better not tell you now;Cannot predict now;Concentrate and ask again;Don't count on it;My sources say no;Outlook not so good} -> ( My sources say no) -> ( My sources say no)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 313667. fizzmore
  • 1custom14{It is certain;It is decidedly so; As I see it, yes;Most likely;Outlook good;Yes;Signs point to yes; Ask again later;Better not tell you now;Cannot predict now;Concentrate and ask again;Don't count on it;My sources say no;Outlook not so good} =
  • ( Most likely) =
  • ( Most likely)
  • Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:16 am
  • [+]
  • 313671. fizzmore
  • 1custom14{It is certain;It is decidedly so; As I see it, yes;Most likely;Outlook good;Yes;Signs point to yes; Ask again later;Better not tell you now;Cannot predict now;Concentrate and ask again;Don't count on it;My sources say no;Outlook not so good} =
  • ( My sources say no) =
  • ( My sources say no)
  • You're asking if I like dice games? Let me tell you:
  • Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:17 am
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
fizzmore previously rolled 1custom14{It is certain;It is decidedly so; As I see it, yes;Most likely;Outlook good;Yes;Signs point to yes; Ask again later;Better not tell you now;Cannot predict now;Concentrate and ask again;Don't count on it;My sources say no;Outlook not so good} = ( My sources say no) = ( My sources say no) (You're asking if I like dice games? Let me tell you
cheater.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven O'Shea
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here are two sets of my Dice for EmDice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to volunteer playtesting services for EmDice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
I would also like to volunteer playtesting services for EmDice!
Me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oshfarms wrote:

Here are two sets of my Dice for EmDice.

That's awesome! I'm just going to have to figure out how to post the tech board file now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EmDice prototype files are linked from my blog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brenton t vallade
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i am up for a dice version. always looking for good portable games that fit on the table in my camper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the PnP file. In the process of creating my own.

Is there sny news on this besides the update about an artist?

And will it get its own page soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.