BattleTech CCG» Forums » General

Subject: Card distinctives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
me myself
United States
California
flag msg tools
I just bought some cards off ebay ... But some are black background, some green, some look very advanced with a different design ... Does anyone know where a description of the card types can be found? What sets they might be from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card design was the same for the base set through the Arsenal expansion, whereas expansions had watermark letters in the text box. Green backgrounds differentiate the unlimited from the limited (black bordered) base set editions.

The more advanced looking cards should be from the third base set edition (Commander's Edition) or the very last expansion, Crusade.

Just check the files section of Battletech's BGG page for complete card lists including rarity...

Oh, and have fun with your cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel diamond
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for that information - very helpful - and it will help as I go through the card lists to figure out what I have now that I can partially color code them while sorting laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A related question, does anyone know why some of the build costs on cards are red instead of black?

Game on!
- Corey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamerdork wrote:
A related question, does anyone know why some of the build costs on cards are red instead of black?

They did this for a while (after the initial limited run, prior to Commander's Edition) to mark cards providing an asset. Compare i.e. Outreach Mercenary Training to War Funds. Both cost one resource, but OMT does provide the P and T assets after activation...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.