Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's the second week of the New Year and I'm a bit late, but I'd like to share with you my New Year's Gaming Resolution. Mostly it's to try and curb a buying 'problem' (the problem being not enough space or money to keep buying).

Feel free to sign on if you like where I'm going with it. Support with the Resolutions is a good thing.

I've made a multi part resolution:

1. I love going to local game stores, poking around and talking to the customers and owners. I've resolved to only buy games through actual stores I can walk into, even if it is full price. This,
a. Slows me down because a game that was $20 online is suddenly $30+ and I have to think a little harder about spending that much. and
b. Supports the hobby and the people who are giving a public face to it, thus, hopefully, resulting in more people to play with (and hopefully share buying some of the games).

2. Make an effort to play the games I have more first. Currently I have several games that I've only played once and one that I've never played (why won't anyone play Memoir '44 with me!?) Perhaps ranking 10 or more plays on each before I allow myself to consider a new game. This will give me a better idea of what I like and don't like about games and be able to direct my purchase better, especially since games are now more expensive (see resolution #1).

3. Once I find a place to settle in, join a gaming club or create one if one isn't availabe. This will get me to know my games better, make some new friends, and hopefully, someone else will help by buying some games, too.

4. Teach at least 10 separate people a new game. Last year I introduced 8 people to a number of games beyond Parker Bros. They seemed really happy about it and I enjoyed seeing their new strategies and takes on the game. Again, the more interested the more likely that someone else will start to pick up the tab.

Here's to a Year filled with hard won wins and oh, so close losses.

Kurt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.