Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played once (2-player). My opponent and I could only come up with two ways to eliminate a player:
Do something to cause an overpopulation in the player's system, and then initiate a catastrophe; or
Get a ship into the player's system and use red action(s) to take control of the player's ships in that home system.

Is there a third way of eliminating a player?

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's it.

Note that there are two ways to take them out with a catastrophe--one is to eliminate their ships; the other is to eliminate the star itself.

(For 2-player, did you try the "binary homeworlds" rules? It's only slightly different--you ignore the good/evil business, and there are only 3 pieces of each color/size instead of 5: http://wunderland.com/WTS/Andy/Games/ILoveHomeworlds.html#Bi...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we played binary. Our game was really long as it was -- both of us figuring out how everything worked, and how to win -- no need to use more pieces.

Thanks for the info.

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.