Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
i usually play games of 2 players only. tje problem is the most the game i play are the best ate 4-7 players and i rarely play with more then 3 players (if i'm lucky). so i decide to ignore what i like and see if there are godod two players ganes there any game that you like so i could loook at it altough there is one type i;m sure i wom't like. anythong qith a lot of diffrent soldiers (more then 7 types) and huges armies of many mini, jsut not a game that is similiar to A@A yuk.

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spelling and Grammar is a huge multiplayer game. Join in at any time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

laughlaughlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Pulles
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

If English is not your native language, and I assume that it isn't, please indicate your home country in your profile so that you won't get messages like this.

There are quite a number of good two-payer games. Check the entire Kosmos two player line and I'm sure that you'll find one or two that you'll like.

I recommend Lost Cities, Balloon Cup, Babel, Caesar and Cleopatra, Jambo, and The Reef. Other games that might also interest you... Oceania, La Citta, Hacienda, Louis XIV, and Acquire. All are pretty good with two players, and not a mini in sight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jim_P wrote:
If English is not your native language, and I assume that it isn't, please indicate your home country in your profile so that you won't get messages like this.

Yes, and if you are limited to typing with hockey mitts on, please note that in your profile as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonaparte at Marengo
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/15839

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it yet, but doesn't Memoir 44 do all this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Jim_P wrote:
There are quite a number of good two-payer games.

Could you recommend some? It seems like I'm always the one buying the games my friends and I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Pulles
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
good two-payer games

That's what I get for typing in the dark... with those hockey mitts on... angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim Synge wrote:
I haven't played it yet, but doesn't Memoir 44 do all this?

M'44 has minis, but there aren't *that* many types. And there aren't a vast number of them for the 2-player version.

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Harris
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freezing chicken wrote:
i usually play games of 2 players only. tje problem is the most the game i play are the best ate 4-7 players and i rarely play with more then 3 players (if i'm lucky). so i decide to ignore what i like and see if there are godod two players ganes there any game that you like so i could loook at it altough there is one type i;m sure i wom't like. anythong qith a lot of diffrent soldiers (more then 7 types) and huges armies of many mini, jsut not a game that is similiar to A@A yuk.

thanks!

Welcome to BGG!

War of the Ring maybe what you are looking for, but it takes around 6 hours to play it the first time (most of that time is in the set up). Once you know what you are doing it should only take 3 to 4 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Kreba
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
My wife and I have the same problem, so we try a lot of different games that range from 2 to 4 players, if possible. However, most of your great 2-player games are actually made for 2 players.

Here is my list:
1. Carcassone - The Castle : by far my favorite 2 player game
2. Starship Catan : a 2-player Starship Catan game
3. Settlers of Catan Card Game
4. Balloon Cup
5. Scarab Lords
6. Lost Cities
7. Puetro Rico - look up 2 player variant
8. Nexus Ops

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaron Racah
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jim_P wrote:

There are quite a few native English speakers whose spelling isn't up to John Matthew's standards. Are we to understand that these people should be ridiculed when trying to get help from this community?

Just wondering...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.