4 Posts

WARS Trading Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: May you deploy a site and use it to deploy a unit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For clarification, can you deploy a site that contains a resource and then use that resource to deploy a unit in the same deployment phase (if you would not have been able to deploy the unit without the previously deployed site, because you would not have had enough resources)?

In other words, does the game consider things to happen one after another, or do you not get the newly deployed resources until the entire "phase" is over in which the resources were deployed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no expert in WARS, but I did have a gamer's degree in Star Wars CCG from which WARS was derived.

In Star Wars CCG, Activation happened before deployment. So, at the start of your turn you counted up your icons and then activated that much Force/Energy. THEN came deploy, during which time you'd deploy your sites. That meant that you wouldn't activate anything for those sites until the next activation phase.

Not 100% how WARS handles it, so check your rulebook and see if this isn't how WARS handles Activation/Deployment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Marchi
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can deploy units after. As long as you have enough 'symbols' for your unit, you can 'use' them. It does not matters when they came into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's what I assumed, but wanted to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.