Popular Tags: rss [+] [View All]
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG has the best RSS support I have ever seen. If you don't use RSS to track content changes on the Geek, I highly, highly recommend that you start.

One area that doesn't currently have RSS support is Geeklists. These tend to see a lot of activity over a long period of time, and it would be really nice to be able to subscribe to them via RSS rather than receiving the onslaught of GeekMail messages and having to view each new content addition individually.

Is RSS support for individual Geeklists in the cards? If you'd like to see this feature, give this thread a recommend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Morris
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm in the wrong section, but when I look at Utilities/RSS Feeds in the main bar, the feeds there seems to be broken. Some haven't been updated since November sometime, the geeklist feed points at some general forum and the overall RSS feed is just plain broken...

I hope I'm in the wrong place, but this kind of RSS feed is not what I'd call good...

(I'm not complaining mind you, the rest of the site more than makes up for this one little fault...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the RSS feeds aren't broken. I have quite a few that still work. Eight of the ten general BGG feeds (forums etc) that I subscribe to still work. The GeekList feed does not but it was working fine up until just about a week ago. All the the ten feeds that I subscribe to from individual game pages also work. I recall Aldie saying there was a problem with the feeds and he was working on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should be more specific and say that I'm interested in RSS feeds for individual lists, not the master list feed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Morris
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alkaiser wrote:
All the RSS feeds aren't broken. I have quite a few that still work. Eight of the ten general BGG feeds (forums etc) that I subscribe to still work. The GeekList feed does not but it was working fine up until just about a week ago. All the the ten feeds that I subscribe to from individual game pages also work. I recall Aldie saying there was a problem with the feeds and he was working on it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that they were all broken, just the two(there may be others, but these two *are I'm interested in - Master Geeklist and new games)...

I just noticed that Aldie has added a new "Geekbugs" entry, and since it's now his full time job I figure I'll give it a go!

There is now Geekbug ID 641 (No Updates on the New Game RSS feed) and ID 642 (New Geeklist feed not correct).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.