Daniel Chick
United States
New Orleans
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Everyone,
I recently purchased a German version of the game. I have had very little problems finding English rules except for the charts actually on the board, no one seems to have these charts posted in English. there is also text underneath them that I need in English. Is there anywhere I can go to print out english versions of these charts and the text underneath.

Also, another tihng I don't understand, are the roman generals in reserve
considered to be in rome for siege purposes, etc. I don't quite understand this.

Thank You,
Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter White
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
As for your second question, if it is not one of the two Consuls or a Proconsul, then the Roman general is not in play. So, no, they are not in Rome for game purposes. If Rome is under siege, it is possible for a Roman general to simply pop up out of thin air.

The mods I can remember off the top of my head:
0 attrition mod for Alps pass
-2 attrition mod for non-Alps pass

-1 naval mod for carrying 0 or 1 CUs

-1 siege modifier for the cities of Rome, Carthage, and Syracuse
-1 siege modifier for Carthage

There are more mods associated with individual generals.

One ally BC per province controlled in the region of battle. Allies do not cross into other regions, i.e. they do not cross water/mountain barriers. The distinct regions are Italy, Africa, Spain, Sicily/Syracuse, Sardian/Corsica, Gaul (not including the northermost province of Italy).

The city of Rome itself does not count as an ally in Italy. The city of Carthage does count as an ally in Africa.

Rome may only benefit from up to 2 allies in Italy. Rome gets an additional +2 allies for battles on Rome itself (therefore up to 4). Carthage follows the normal rules in Italy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Chick
United States
New Orleans
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much that clears up alot of confusion. I recently found a site online that will do free german to english translations. If I have any other problems, I think I'll translate the text. I don't regret buying the German version, the board game is more colorful and it cost half the price, but the language can be hard to break.
-Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.