Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would find it usefull to recomend files just like we can recomend images, geeklist, and threads.

I know that in Werewolf there are many version of the cards to download. It would be nice to see which ones people like better.

I know that in Heroscape there are many senerios posted, it would be nice to see which ones people have played and recomend.

And I'm sure I could think of more usefull expamples if I took the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second this....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I third and fourth this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blanco
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? (James 2:15-16)
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed...I mean I fifth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree! I was thinking about this the other day when I found a link to one of my files on someone else's geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was because having the ability to recommend files would cause the space-time continuum to implode and go "Moob!"

Wait, that was crossing the beams. I am sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The point is that we can tip files but as users are stingy with their bag this feature is hardly used.
As recommending a file would not cost anything people would prefer using this to show their appreciation.

In an older thread (about Oct. 2005) Aldie said he was working on this but I have no idea with which priority he is doing that.
I hope that now the redesign of BGG is done he will find time to put this higher on his to do list

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goodsound wrote:
The point is that we can tip files but as users are stingy with their bag this feature is hardly used.

I always thoguht the tip next to the files was to replace the old Geek gold request feature. (forget the name). Where people would offer for a file submission. This way if you requested it you can just tip it and it is under your control rather than automatic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed in my profile under "Other Ratings by Melsana" it has a spot for recomending Files. Which really begs the question of why we can't recomend them and yet it is shown in our profile how many we have recomended.

(I noticed it because it was the only thing in my profile that had a 0 next to it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Sorry I just haven't put it in yet. I will get to it soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Glad to know it is on your "to do" list... which I'm sure is REALLY REALLY Long.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Melsana wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Glad to know it is on your "to do" list... which I'm sure is REALLY REALLY Long.

Thanks!

You have no idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Melsana wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Thanks!

You have no idea!

I'm sure after a month of working full time at BGG, you will be wondering how on earth you did as much as you did for BGG when it was just a side job. I know I've been wondering that for some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.