Vernan Stanton
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Trapped In A World I Never Made...
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this game mentioned in a recent Dice Tower episode and really like the sound of it.
After looking here and at online stores I'm confused.
Is there a base starter set?
Or do you just buy the factions you want and start playing?
Do the rules come with each pack?
Help me fellow nerds to get started with this cool looking game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just buy a faction and start playing. The rules will come with each faction's starter, although it might not be the latest version of the rules. Those are online, though, so if you're on this site you can get them.

Do you have specific armies already picked out, or are you looking for a particular style of play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Consider heading to yourmovegames.com/forum. You'll find a lot of discussion and indepth analysis of the various factions - this should help inform what factions will appeal to you.

It's a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Always be running!
mbmbmbmbmb
You just get the decks and start playing, one base deck for each race. If you want to just try the game you can pick two starter decks of two races that you like and start playing immediately with a friend. The rules are included in the decks and also there are two preconstructed army lists to begin play immediately.

I would propose for Orcs, Elves of Ravenwood (Wood elves), Lizardmen. Pretty straightforward and interesting factions. Once you get the game and like it, you could buy reinforcement decks for your factions, which provide you with more copies of the troop cards, meaning that you can actually field any legal combination that you like, or go for really big battles.

BTW 2000 pts is the standard size of a battle, with 1000 pts and 1500 pts being equally good and interesting for new players.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've also just started playing this and can confirm that the people at the forum mentioned above are very friendly and helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernan Stanton
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Trapped In A World I Never Made...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone, much appreciated.
Time to buy a few factions and get into it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Gillingham
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info Bwian et al. I too was having the same question.

I just saw this game on Tom Vassel's top 100 list and as a former Warhammer player the appeal of being able to play a Warhammer-like game without the painting/modelling is awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls