Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Kidd
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I just got this game and have not played it yet, but when I read the rules it said play four rounds and add the scores. It immediately occurred to me that this was probably added to make the game seem a little more substantial, but I would have thought it was more fun just to play rounds as games on their own.

Most of the session reports show people playing one or two rounds also. This may be because it is generally played as a filler, generally waiting for more players to arrive at a session.

Does anyone find that playing the full four rounds as one game adds anything to the experience?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing more rounds helps with the luck factor. Also, it changes the strategy in the later rounds: you may want to keep the leader from geting great cards even if they're not the best for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kidd
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, that would be true, I guess.

I guess the good thing is you can just play as many or as few as you want to, depending on time etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We always play with 4 rounds and add the scores. I think that playing only one or two rounds wouldn't be quite so good because it's too easy for a player to get hosed and not be able to come back and win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.