BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: 15+ hour axis and allies game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
the king
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
So I got axis and allies for christmas. My girlfriend and I started playing it for the first time the day after. We decided that a major victory would be good. Don't get me wrong, I really like the game but we're over 15 hours in the game and still playing, we have been playing for weeks. Finally now, the axis has calcuta, leningrad, and moscow. We started slow for the first couple of hours to get the hang of it but now we move pretty quickly. We would have played a minor victory, but it seems that condition is too easy for the axis to win since they can take calcuta and leningrad almost immediately. Anyone else have experiences with VERY long a&a games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have never played an A&A game over six hours. With the new version (the one you are playing), we play to 9 victory cities. If you go to 10, it forces the Axis to have to take either London, Washington, or LA, and that requires an Axis invasion fleet and a much longer playing time. If you are playing to ten cities and the Axis are up, I can imagine a very long game.

Also, with either the new or old version, the game could be dragged out a very long time if the Allies are winning but the Axis (particularly the Japanese) are too stubborn to concede. If the Japanese player is being a jerk, he can decide to just build mountains of infantry on the home islands and thereby delay the inevitable Allied invasion by forcing the Allied player to build up a ridiculously huge invasion force.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermus
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Your girlfriend has stuck with it for over 15 hours of Axis & Allies?

Wow, she must be COOL. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
We play to 9 cities too. 8 is too easy for the Axis, 10 is too hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.