Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Under 2.3 can the Norse Block still always take part in the main attack (not be in reserve)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i haven't read any older rules and wasn't aware that they apparently "always could", but i'm very interested in hearing a ruling on this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Well, since they took it out of the v2.3 rules (yes that was the case in several previous rules incarnations) I'd say no, they are not automatically in the van of the attack. Of course you could make them the main attack. But they'd always be by themselves, since they always travel alone.

Now the best use of the Norse is to block English retreats. Or to act as a temporary speed bump to slow the English down. Move them to an empty Annan. Then when the English move up from England sail away to safety. You've just kept the English from getting all the way to Carrick or Lanark in one move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.