Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

WildLife» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about Abilities cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David T.
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just purchased the game and have found it intriguing. However, I am trying to get precise clarifications for the ability cards, since the rules do not explain them as clearly as I would like.

The rules have stated that abilities cards are "immediately" usable.

1) So if I acquire the Intelligence card as my first action, do I get another action on my current turn? So in effect, I still have three actions remaining?

2) Do Intelligence cards capabilities stack? If I have two intelligence cards, I get 5 actions in a turn?

3) If a Food card is purchased, even though it is "immediately" available, is it correct to say I do not get 2 points until the beginning of my next turn?

4) Do Food cards stack? Two Food cards produces four points for the owner at the beginning of the turn?

5) Mobility: If I exercise this ability, and I want to swap spaces with another species, I know that my species needs the migrate or better ability to move to the new region. But what about the species on the other half of the transaction? Do they need the migrate ability to be legally placed in the region I just vacated during the swap?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue Nation wrote:

The rules have stated that abilities cards are "immediately" usable.

1) So if I acquire the Intelligence card as my first action, do I get another action on my current turn? So in effect, I still have three actions remaining?


Yes

Quote:

2) Do Intelligence cards capabilities stack? If I have two intelligence cards, I get 5 actions in a turn?


Yes

Quote:

3) If a Food card is purchased, even though it is "immediately" available, is it correct to say I do not get 2 points until the beginning of my next turn?


Can't remember

Quote:

4) Do Food cards stack? Two Food cards produces four points for the owner at the beginning of the turn?


Yes

Quote:

5) Mobility: If I exercise this ability, and I want to swap spaces with another species, I know that my species needs the migrate or better ability to move to the new region. But what about the species on the other half of the transaction? Do they need the migrate ability to be legally placed in the region I just vacated during the swap?


Don't think so, but don't recall specifically. They are just stuck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes
2. Yes, max 2 cards per type per player
3. No, you get the two food immediately (this is a little controversial - we take the wording to mean that you have to take the food bonus at the earliest possible time - you cannot delay it within your turn to avoid losing your last place position).
4. Yes (max 2 cards)
5. Only your creature needs migrate or higher. Opponent can get stuck, which is half the fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
I agree with the above answers except that we do not allow "Food" to be used in the same turn you buy it (i.e. you must wait the beginning of the next turn).
Have fun! meeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hi, not sure if this question will be heard, but i'll ask it in this thread for now.

In regards to the stacking, is there a reason why u can only have 2 food cards, does it state that in the rules? Any reason u can't stack more, if stacking is indeed allowed?


Thanks!

-
James
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
darlok wrote:
is there a reason why u can only have 2 food cards, does it state that in the rules?

Yes (however, if I remember correctly, that rule is a "variant").
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darlok wrote:
In regards to the stacking, is there a reason why u can only have 2 food cards, does it state that in the rules?


English rules say "A player may not possess more than two of any single ability type."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.