Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Federation Commander: Klingon Border» Forums » Rules

Subject: Control Boxes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed on the ship displays that there are four different types damage boxes for control: Bridge, Auxiliry Control, Emergency Bridge, and Flag Bridge.

I can't see where they make any difference in game terms for Federation Commander. Is there any diffence?

In SFB there were rules for saucer separation and boom separation. Also the total bridge boxes had a purpose in F&E for maximum fleet size, if I remember correctly. Is this a vestige that was overlooked in the transfer of SFB to FedCom?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Palmer
United States
Windsor mill
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Glaze.

There is no gameplay difference between the different types of control spaces.

SFB/F&E have Command Ratings, which are related to the number and type of control spaces (and other factors); FC does not have command ratings.

FC does not have Boom/Saucer separation - I suspect that, given how rarely the rule is used in SFB, it was deemed not worth adding. (In 23 years of playing SFB, I have separated a boom or saucer once)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray for streamlining!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andypalmer wrote:
FC does not have Boom/Saucer separation - I suspect that, given how rarely the rule is used in SFB, it was deemed not worth adding. (In 23 years of playing SFB, I have separated a boom or saucer once)

You have to admit - as lame and useless as the rules were, the separated boom counters were just plain cool to have in your tacklebox of SFB counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.