Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the idea while reading write up for the motorpool in Zombie Corps(e) and I thought it would be cool to have some sort of minature to mark the placement of the three Jeeps. A quick search on ebay and I found a lot of micro machines for use with the base set. No Jeeps yet but I'm still searching.

Vehicles are matched with a named building. I stuck with four as they were the most obvious to me and most easily identified with their named buildings.

Vehicles are treated like the "The keys are still in it!" card. The player may travel 10 spaces instead of rolling a movement dice. Unlimited use but vehicles have to be exited to collect equipment in other buildings. Exiting a vehicle ends your movement this round and you begin the next round next to the drivers side door.

Vehicles cannot turn 180 degress in one turn. Vehicles that turn down a dead end street or that wish to turn around start the start of the next trun facing the opposite direction.

The vehicles are treated as their named buildings in terms of collecting equipment and equiping weapons. First Aid kits can be found in Ambulance, Fire Axe found in Fire Truck ect. An optional start for the game is to build a small city block including the four named buildings and place their matched vehicles.

As an alternative a post-it note with the vehicles name can stuck to random tiles before they are shuffled and replaced with the vehicle once they are drawn and placed.

Additional tiles are laid as players reach the center of outer tiles and the board is built as it is explored. Tiles lay out very quickly with vehicles travelling 10 squares. Several tilesmay be laid by a single person but that also means several Zombies that will need to be combated.

I am toying with the idea of ramming rules for mowing down Zombies with the vehicles. Something like a +1 to attack roll where missed attacks would mean the Zombie has latched onto the car and would need to be shot off ala Mad Max by using a bullet token. Failure (no life tokens or bullets left and failed attack role) kills player and crashes vehicle on same sqaure.

Vehicles can be stolen by other players if left unattended to run inside to grab supplies or crashed when a plyaer dies. No two vehicles can occupy the same square unless the vehicle is continuing through the sqaure that same turn.

Optional rules or driving/crashing inside buildings and ramming rules for oppents vehicles are a possibility but I haven't spent any time on it. Yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Niffy idea! I working on something similiar, but without the tonka toys! They certainly add something to the game, which is good once youve played it through an umber of times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skeletor
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Awsome idea but finding those Micro machines is harder then I thought it would be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can't find the cars just make some out of carboard or oaktag. Make your own vehicals just draw the top of them. You don't need anything fancy to indicate a firetruck or police car.

Then as the characters are in them just place the character on the car to show they are in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skeletor
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
You go to have litle cars dude!!

I am going ot check out a train store that has N scale vehilces.

I need them any way for a game I am making

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Eastbourne
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mega-bump! Just found this thread and I think it's a great idea! Found a couple of sites that do military vehicles if anyone still wants jeeps.

15mm - http://www.battlefront.co.nz/Default.asp
1/285th, 1/2400th, 1/1200th, 1/160th, 1/87th - http://www.ghqonline.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skeletor
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Mega bump as well I just found some tiny cars at Wallmart for like $1.97 each.

They are crappy cars like a gremlin, pontiac, or some other crappy car but the scale works well. They also have tractors but they are $2.97.

Can we say pick up zombies and dump them with a bulldozer???

I deffinatly need to come up with some good rules for these little cars for Zombies. I will try and post pics if I ever get around to it.

and lets see if this direct links to Chris Smith site with w jeep will work

http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/us11.html

http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/us87.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy of Z. and boing thru the comments. I think these would make great vehicles for Z:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.