Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie» Forums » Rules

Subject: Walking through a character on water rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer S
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
We have just recently started playing Heroscape and love it. A couple of nights ago we had a map with water in it. In the middle of the game we had a situation arise that we were not sure on what to do. Player 1 had one of his figures on a water space. There was only one space of water between the land tiles. The water was a straight line in the map. Player 1 wanted to walk a character (that has to stop when it hits water) through the character that was already on a water tile. Player one's arguement was that he can walk through his own characters. My arguement was that this is a water tile. His character has to stop in water so he should either walk through the water on a space that was not taken or walk around. How should this situation be handled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Teplin
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hmmm. My take would be that you can walk through your own characters when normal movement rules would allow it. In other words, the water tile trumps the "move through character" ability.

In this same way, I don't think you can move through one of your own characters on a glyph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
fteplin wrote:
Hmmm. My take would be that you can walk through your own characters when normal movement rules would allow it. In other words, the water tile trumps the "move through character" ability.

In this same way, I don't think you can move through one of your own characters on a glyph.

You are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
As noted, you can move through friendly units but you cannot end your turn on the same space as a friendly unit. Because water makes you end your movement it would result in an illegal move, so it is not allowed. The same reasoning applies to friendly units standing on a glyph.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.