♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Under the "Rules of the Duels" section of the rulebook, it states in one bullet point:

Quote:
The Jedi or Sith whose played cards have the higher total Attack Value is said to be "winning the battle." If the total Attack Value is equal, then the player with more cards is winning. If both the total Attack Value and the total number of cards are equal, then the players are in a Standoff.

Further down in this same section, the rules state:

Quote:
If there is a Standoff and one player is out of cards, the other player must play a card.

Am I correct in saying that if there is Standoff and one player is out of cards, that there ISN'T a Standoff? Or am I missing something? I haven't played the game, but I don't understand how this situation could happen, based off of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
ejamer wrote:
The Jedi or Sith whose played cards have the higher total Attack Value is said to be "winning the battle." If the total Attack Value is equal, then the player with more played cards is winning. If both the total Attack Value and the total number of played cards are equal, then the players are in a Standoff.

AH! Well, then, that makes better sense than the way I was interpreting it.

I wonder, though, if that makes sense for the game. If one manages higher points in FEWER cards, then he's playing more efficiently, but then again, it would be giving a double-benefit to that player, since he would also have more cards to use in later rounds. Hmmm....

Quote:
If I remember correctly, it is possible to end a round in a stand-off if neither player has any cards remaining in their hands.

This is correct.

I need to make time to play this game. It sounds decent enough, to be a licensed card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you should give it a try, it's a clever game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Forhan
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Wow. Thanks for bringing up the question -- I now realize I've played this game wrong every time! We always thought standoff was determined by the number of cards in hand, not in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.