Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules clearly state that cars with the same base color can be a team. But they never state how you score the Teams.

I don't watch racing in real life so I don't know what the offical rules are but as I see it there are two possible ways of deciding which team won, and I'm not sure which is the best.

The example is

Team 1 Car 1 = First Place
Team 2 Car 1 = Second Place
Team 2 Car 2 = Third Place
Team 1 Car 2 = Fourth Place

Possible rulings:
1. Team 2 wins because they got their team across the finish line first.

2. Team 1 wins because points wise (1 for first, 2 for second etc. - with lowest scoring team wining) the two teams tie but since Team 1 Car 1 made it accross first that breaks the tie.

--

I really wish I knew what the official rules were in such a case. I also wish that since the game talkes about racing as a team that would have given team victory conditions in the game rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll for pole position once for each team. The frirst team takes 1st position and last, th Second team takes second and next to last, etc. Reward points for finishing 1 for first, 2 for second, etc. lowest team score wins, ties broken by whose front car finished first. If a car is eliminated during the race it takes the place from last forward in the order that cars are eliminated. If multiple cars are eliminated simultaniously (collisions and engine damage), use track position (just like determining movement order) the farther forward car takes the most forward place.

In the example given team one wins on the tie breaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Last time we played teams we didn't however do that pole position thing at the start, but that would seem a better way then to just do each car normally as if they weren't teams.

For pole position...

If there were three teams.

and they roled pole position in number order..

Team 1 would have spot 1 and 6
Team 2 would have spot 2 and 5
Team 3 would have spot 3 and 4
(is this correct?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In actual Formula 1 there may be teams, and there may be team points, but what really counts is who crosses the finish line first. Nothing else matters! Teammates are there to block or harrass the other team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In real F1, there are two championships. The constructor's championship is awarded to the team who has acquired the most points over the season. The drivers championship is awarded to the individual driver who has acquired the most points over the season. Note that these two are distinct from each other. A driver for a given team could be champion while his team is not. Similarly, it is possible for a team to be champion and not have the driver's champion as a part of the team.

So, if you wish to model real life in a league you's qualify and score each car as if they were separate entities. Then compute the total team score by adding the points from the two cars in the team together. F1, as of the 2005 season, fielded 10 teams with 2 cars a piece, you may have to devise a points breakdown of your own to make this scheme balanced.

This is the breakdown for F1 per the FIA:

* 1st place - 10 points
* 2nd place - 8 points
* 3rd place - 6 points
* 4th place - 5 points
* 5th place - 4 points
* 6th place - 3 points
* 7th place - 2 points
* 8th place - 1 point

Drivers finishing lower than eighth place receive no points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.