Popular Tags: [View All]
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I roll a 7, I get to move the robber, who steals resources. Do I get the resources, or do they go back to their respective piles?

I've been playing that the player keeps the resource, but having reread the rules, it could be interpreted either way (by me, anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player who rolled the seven gets to choose and keep a random resource from the hand of the person that they have put the robber on. Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tholén
Sweden
Norsborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ho-hum. I'm quite positive my friend's (swedish) rules says that the person to the left of the person rolling the seven moves the robber and takes the resource. Changed rule, translation fault or malfunctioning memory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad News [bnw] wrote:
Ho-hum. I'm quite positive my friend's (swedish) rules says that the person to the left of the person rolling the seven moves the robber and takes the resource. Changed rule, translation fault or malfunctioning memory?

Ugh!

That is a translation fault, clearly. It would be dreadful if that were the actual rule. The person rolling the 7 could be the one losing a resource rather than having a chance to get one more before building.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Denise wrote:
The player who rolled the seven gets to choose and keep a random resource from the hand of the person that they have put the robber on. Hope that helps!

Thanks. I thought that was the case,but I'd played it twice the other way before rereading the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ivar T.
Norway
Ålesund
Møre og Romsdal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Bad News [bnw] wrote:

Ugh!

That is a translation fault, clearly. It would be dreadful if that were the actual rule. The person rolling the 7 could be the one losing a resource rather than having a chance to get one more before building.

-MMM

NEVER trust the scandinavian translations of the Settlers rules... angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Badgeroonie wrote:
If I roll a 7, I get to move the robber, who steals resources. Do I get the resources, or do they go back to their respective piles?

I've been playing that the player keeps the resource, but having reread the rules, it could be interpreted either way (by me, anyway).

when a 7 is rolled, players with more than 7 cards discard half of them, rounded down (e.g. 11 cards, that player must discard 5 cards). The discarded cards go back to the bank

When the player who rolled the 7 activates the robber, the single card he gets to steal from anther player goes to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D i a n a
Indonesia
Jakarta Barat
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rolling 7 - Robber question
Rolling 7,
"Each player who holds more than seven resource cards
must select half (round down) of his or her resource cards and
discard them."

Does it mean word 'Each player' here, all players including who rolling
dice 7?

Please help it has been a stupid dispute between me and my husband everytime he rolls seven, he doesn't want to discard half of cards of him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bridyhelphelp wrote:
Rolling 7,
"Each player who holds more than seven resource cards
must select half (round down) of his or her resource cards and
discard them."

Does it mean word 'Each player' here, all players including who rolling
dice 7?

Please help it has been a stupid dispute between me and my husband everytime he rolls seven, he doesn't want to discard half of cards of him.

Unfortunately for him and anyone rolling the dice, they too must discard half of his cards if he's over the 7 card limit. Kind of understandable b/c I too thought the roller may have been exempt until the friend who taught me told me otherwise.

That's the risk EVERYONE takes when they decide to save up more resource cards to better build stuff with. The 7-roll gets even the one who rolled to the dice, making everyone vulnerable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.