Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading nearly all the really old threads trying to keep myself entertained, I'm starting to think I came too late to the game and most people have moved on. Kinda a bummer, but I'll keep posting just cus I'm enjoying the game immensely (even if I end up talking to myself). Anyone out there playing with any regularity?

After 3 straight losses as Vulca to my friend Derek playing Hoax, we switched up decks, both of us playing decks we'd never tried before (I played Flit, he played Khind). What a cool and completely different feeling matchup. He got up 2-0 fairly early and I was a little concerned, but repeated uses of Highchirp late along with a glut of boosters (LAUNCH FIGHTERS! Name that game) allowed me to win two dragons the fight before the final battle and trade a 1-0 deficit for a 1-0 lead. In that fight, D pulled off a triple whammy, dumping 3/4 of the Kid gang in my face (Cub, Kid, and Cat), effectively nullifying ALL my boosters and my odd character cards. I thought I was done for, but after contemplation I was able to play the following: I pulled Highchirp back up and laid him down again, removing Coolcub from the melee and then followed with Launch Burning Earth for 5 earth. D hadda retreat and lost 2 dragons, setting us up for the final battle. He led off low, expecting a battle, but as my last four remaining cards were Beguile Holy Dragon and three characters, I snagged the extra dragon and retreated as I was out of cards, making the final score 1-0, me. Woot. I CAN actually win once in a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Herbst
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still play Blue Moon quite a bit and I think a constructed deck tournament took place at BGG.CON. I think this game is far from "over."

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play when I can find an opponent. The last two decks haven't reached New Zealand yet so I'm still looking forward to those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly haven't moved on Things probably get quiet because there are always new games to talk about, but that doesn't mean people still aren't interested in talking about others. I've quite enjoyed the new life the Blue Moon forums have received lately, due in part to your own contributions, Joe. Continue to post interesting topics and the responses will come.

Glad you're enjoying it

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of ya who play whenever you can find someone, just drop me a private message here on BGG if you're interested on hooking up via CardTable. Class is starting up again soon, but Blue Moon goes quickly enough that I should be able to sneak in a game or three most days.

Pulled off an interesting move in a Vulca vs. Hoax game tonight, one I've never been able to achieve before. With Wall of Fire and Fearsome Spirits out my opponent was in some serious trouble, but I didn't realize he had Ciklarethas (3/3 retrievable), Homing Missiles, AND Battling Boomerang in-hand, so he could have held out for quite a while and even threatened to steal two dragons out from under me. Have no fear, Cinder's here. Once he threw Ciklarethas plus the boomerang, I tossed Cinder (backed by Flickering Fires) down and scrapped the boomerang. Then he pulled Ciklarethas back up and tossed him back down again, this time with Homing Missiles. I don't think most players would consider "wasting" Summon Sorcerer in such a manner most of the time, but I used it this time to pull Cinder back up and toss him again, scrapping the missiles this time. He was able to pick Ciklarethas up and lay him down one more time, but after waxing both his retrievable support/booster cards he had nothing else left and I nuked him on the next play for a 3-dragon win.

I love when cards you don't normally expect to accomplish much have the opportunity to have a big impact like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
I've quite enjoyed the new life the Blue Moon forums have received lately, due in part to your own contributions, Joe.

Absolutely. Unless we get any more decks - something which always causes a jump in postings - it's only people posting that keep things alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on that? I'm expecting after so many decks we're probably done seeing new stuff, at least in terms of the cardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still reading, and still playing regularly. The recent holidays and then the invevitable busy work upon return have cut down on my posting. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowjow wrote:
Any word on that? I'm expecting after so many decks we're probably done seeing new stuff, at least in terms of the cardgame.

There's a boardgame in the works, but the only person (that frequents these boards anyway) that knows any details ain't talkin

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
There's a boardgame in the works, but the only person (that frequents these boards anyway) that knows any details ain't talkin

You mean me?

Actually the 10th January version of the FAQ has my most recently agreed (by Kosmos) statement. But (and here I'm just J. Random Gamer, no inside knowledge) the Blue Moon Fans site has a statement claimed to be from FFG (I say claimed because I have no proof of its accuracy, but also no reason to doubt it - which is why I'm mentioning it) that decisions about an English language version of the boardgame have not been made yet.

Also you may have spotted a rather large hole in my recent comments, relating to something else. Coming soon ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being still relatively new to the game, I'm still more intrigued about the release of the Buka set than the boardgame... but still interested in the latter nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowjow wrote:
Being still relatively new to the game, I'm still more intrigued about the release of the Buka set than the boardgame... but still interested in the latter nonetheless.

I think that's the hole to which he was referring.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.